Genius Hour Project #1 Assignment

For my Genius Hour topic, I selected “fake news”. The reason as to why I chose this topic was because I always hear the term “fake news” in the media. Weather its president Trump accusing CNN of doing it, or a simple mistake from a News company, “fake news”, is never clearly defined. My research question was “What does it take to put fake news on the internet”. In that, I meant that I would be researching it in hopes of clearly defining it. I learned that “fake news”, is false information that is published online. Though this may be done by accident, some countries may purposefully use it as some form of propaganda. “Fake news”, may appear on various media outlets, these include Youtube, facebook, twitter, as well as online and physical Newspapers. This has helped me be more careful about with what I chose to view online. By doing an in-class presentation, and by publishing this blog post, I hope it entices others to do the same. My next Genius Hour will be on magic, and how it is used to manipulate human perception. It will allow me and those who see my presentation to do the same.